For the backstory on this series of posts see here.
You wake up with a nameless feeling of dread in your gut, but you can’t figure out what it is. Write down everything that could possibly happen during the day that could be something for you to dread.
Wow. Talk about a container full of annelids that’s about to be unlocked (see here for translation). Going to just totally spitball these off the top of my head:
- My social awkwardness could be taken as being stuck up.
- People who think I have my shit together could figure out that it’s far from the truth, and I’ll be revealed as the imposter I sometimes fear I am.
- I’ll forget to put clothes on before I go to work. That shouldn’t be just me dreading that. You should dread that too.
- I won’t be able to fix something that’s my job to fix. (See that imposter one again.)
- Someone will tell me that my writing sucks.
- That I will detach the retina in my other eye and I won’t even be able to see to write.
- I’ll realize that I am too old to do the long distance hiking I want to do.
- That the baby girl I gave up for adoption 22 years ago will show up on my doorstep to tell me she hates my guts.
- That something bad will happen to my family and I won’t be able to protect them.
- That the division in this country will spark the second civil war. (This skews toward political, which I vowed not to write about, but it’s as close as it will get.)
- That Doctor Phil and Judge
JudyBooty will get together and spawn the anti-Christ. My wife and my Mother-in-law would probably love this. So would many others, which is why I dread it.
- I will finally drink one to many Mt. Dews when my doctor told me caffeine was the cause of my acid reflux, and my stomach will explode. Even worse, my doctor will tell me that beer is causing it worse than the caffeine. Oh well, it was good knowing you stomach.
- That I will press the publish button on this post and I’ll only hear crickets.
Well, I guess you can see I’ve got some issues. I’m close to writing a longer detailed post about them, but not too soon. This is supposed to be somewhat of a humor blog, and I think this is enough dread for the time being.